Friday, July 29, 2005

About Last pm / This am

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is a lager top and 10 is a flaming Lamborghini, I think that, in a Fat Boy Slim styleee (as in right here, right now), I am pretty much a snake-bite and black after last night / this am.

Firstly there was a beer to with Beer Cellar Utd FC to celebrate the fact that we had won the EspZen league and then it was back to Dave’s (Coolies’ Centurion golfer) for a nitecap. Before deciding, at 4:30 am, that it would be nice to go and meet at Sarah at the airport, as her flight was getting in from NY at 6:30.

Nice gesture, I am, sure you’ll agree. Though half my thinking was that a) I could grab a maccy d’s there and b) I was no doubt going to get awoken anyway when she strolled in at 7’ish, so may as well get some browny points with my hash browns.

However, whilst looking at the flight indicator board, I saw a flight that had just landed in from NY (out of Newark, which, we all know is an anagram of an onanist) – at 5:30, while another one was due in 6:24.

Before, I stumbled off for my egg mcmuffin brekky, I thought that I should just sms madam to see if her flight had landed . And, as if my magic, she replied straight away that she was just clearing customs. And when I looked up, she was there. So forewent (if that’s such a word) the brekky and met the missus.

And, even though she had just endured an 18 hour flight from the states, Sarah was full of the joys of spring. While my ‘beer’ had made me somewhat tired and getting up this am was an awful struggle!

Still – get through to lunchtime and I am sure that I can wing it from there!

No comments: