Friday, April 08, 2005

Jose Mourinho

I was going to have a bit of a dig at Jose Mourinho - as he always seems to get people talking about him rather than his team, Chelsea FC. [Look: he's even got me doing it now!]

Take this week for instance: His side are playing their biggest game of the season in the Champions League and, in the build up to the game v Bayern Munich, instead of everyone talking about his team's chances, etc, they are talking about he is banned from the game and the fact that he won't even be at the game.

Then after Chelsea come thru' the game superbly 4-2, the talk is not about how well played Chelsea played but to do with whether Mourinho was sending messages to his side's fitness coach during the game, which he was not supposed to do. [The fact that the trainer was probably the only guy in the ground wearing a nice thick, wooly beanie, kept fidgeting with his earpiece, sorry ear and then scribbling notes to the Asst Manager, Steve Clarke, probably gave the game away a l'il bit!]

Anyway, like I say, I was going to have a dig - but then I read this quality piece in the Guardian and thought that it said it all for me!

No comments: